Dr. K. V. Kale,
M.Sc, MCA, Ph.D. SMIEEE, FIETE, Former Director, Board of Colleges and University Development, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, MS-India. He is President of ICT Section the Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata for the year 2015-2016 under the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. He is also member of Perspective Development Plan Committee, Higher and Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra.
He is a fellow of IETE, SSARSC, Life member of CSI, IAPR, ISCA, IACSIT, IAENG, IEEE
and elevated senior member of IEEE
. He is a member & Faculty of Board of Studies of various universities in India & has designed and implemented new courses in computer science at UG & PG level. He is recipient of VIJAY SHREE Award
. He is actively engaged in research and development. He has more than 300 research papers
to his credit which are published in reputed national/international journals and conferences and 6 books & 6 book Chapters
to his credit. Under his able guidance 29 PhD
students have completed their PhD and 8
students are still doing PhD under his guidance. He is reviewer and editor of several journals for India and aboard. He has organized several workshops and conferences. He acts as a Resource Person and Session Chair
to deliver Technical & Keynote talk
at national and international conferences and visited USA, Canada, UK and France, etc in this regards. He is nominated as a subject expert and various academic professional bodies
at national level government bodies
like Faculty, Senate Members, Subject Expert, etc. At present he is Vice President of IAO
(International Accreditation Organization) Aurangabad chapter, Maharashtra, India and Representing the University as associate member of OGC
(Open Geospatial Consortium). He was former Chairman
of IETE and Director, UNIC
. He has nominated to attend Maharashtra-Alberta (India-Canada) Roundtable
on 17th Nov. 2011 at Mumbai, and also, he was member of First GRSS IEEE India Meet
at Jodhpur, Rajasthan. He has received grant under various schemes from various agencies like DST, UGC, etc. He has coordinated NRDMS-DST PAMC (HSRS)
meeting in the Department. His areas of interests
are Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Biometrics, Bioinformatics, S/W Engg., Artificial Intelligence, Computer vision, Neural Networks etc. He has completed three
MRPs (Major Research Project) & currently working on UGC SAP
Major Research Project and acting Management Committee
member to monitor the activity of NRDMS-DST Srinivasa Ramanujan Geospatial Chair
specifically for the domain of Multimodal Biometrics & Geospatial Technology respectively. He is Chief Editor
of International Journal of CS and IT, Serial Publications, New Delhi, Member of Editorial board
of VNSGU Journal of Science and Technology, ICTACT Journal of Soft Computing, International Journal of Computer Science and Systems, also working as reviewer
for IEEE Journal of Image and Signal Processing, Conferences of IACSIT, and various national and international conferences.
Over the last 26 years of service he has made significant contribution in the field of education in general and specifically in higher education from last 16 years. Being, a Professor and Head, Department of Computer Science and Information Technology, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad (MS), India, he has received faith and trust in leading his prestigious institution on different domains particularly in education and research. He has been keenly interested in building institution academically at par excellence from optimum resource to state of art infrastructure to facilitate every stakeholder of the department and University region. Some noteworthy achievements with regard to this are:
- During 1997-2000, he played a key-role in establishing Computer Center at University to cater the need of computerization of different section of University administration. This has made University to move one step ahead from traditional work environment to ICT based environment.
- In 2000, he has taken a lead to bring Information Communication Technology (ICT), which has made a significant mark in designing policies for efficient, transparent and accountable governance at University level by establishing UNIC (University Network and Information Center, formerly UGC Infonet), INFLIBNET & related electronic infrastructure in campus.
- In 2001, he has initiated semester based master’s program on University campus and further reinvented learning pedagogy in 2010-11 by initiating Choice Based Credit System which has helped to bridge the gap between departments. This initiative has opened the door for students, faculties to think beyond their domain and build interdisciplinary research environment. This initiative has attracted students from GULF, African countries to complete their higher education from university. It was further pursued to offer bridge course, service course to the students in order to make them comfortable with their interest and live-up with objective & skills. This approach has made student to think on international platform.
- He is actively involved in bringing innovation in teaching and learning by initiating pilot Dual Degree Vocational Program (UG+PG) with Industrial Automation and Tourism administration specialization for the student. This program helps in creating employable manpower required for the industry.
- With very vast research experience, during last 16 years, he has taken sincere efforts in mobilizing and bringing funds of research and development activities and generated research infrastructure for more than 350 lakhs. The funds were generated from funding agencies like DST, UGC and DST-National Resource Data Management System (NRDMS) etc.
- He is very much passionate about implementation of current age technology that enriches society in multi-dimensions. In order to generate skilled manpower with capacity to benefit society by current age technology, he has initiated outreach programs for faculties, researchers and students in the region.
- His work has been presented on national, international platform and was appreciated by amazing idea award at London, UK, excellent paper award at Paris, France and also offered recognition at international platform. His work was also recognized by prestigious societies like IEEE (USA), IETE (India), ISCA (India), IUPRAI (India), IACSIT (HongKong) and Whos’ Who in the World (USA). He has contributed in the area of computer science by extending research in Human computer interaction, Multimodal Biometrics and Remote Sensing.
- He is constantly motivating students to apply for research and industrial fellowships and colleague fellows for enhancement of research activities in the domain.
- He has set the academic association with various International leading organizations like IEEE, IAPR, IACSIT, OGC, IAO, IETE, and IAENG in different capacity for enhancing the academic, research activities and collaborative work in the respective domain.
He is born and brought up in the Marathwada region and well acquainted with the capabilities, potentials, strengths and resources available at University jurisdiction. He has gained vast experience of handling key positions at different capacities in academic, research and administration at local, National and International level. This has improved his confidence to explore and handle the various academic, research and administrative challenges with optimal solution within time frame. This has led to implement and establish some of the pilot projects with state of the art facilities at department level and later on University and Societal level. The ability, quality, confidence and various skills in all respects have imbibed in him from last two and half decades.